I’m going to keep this short and sweet, because it’s beautiful out and days like this are a serious gift! But I’ve been having my own “Tomato Fest” these last few weeks and I wanted to pause and share some of my all-time favorite dishes coming out of my kitchen.
Last year when summer ended, I felt like I hadn’t gotten my tomato fix. This year I vowed that I would use them every way possible, and so I am! Don’t wait to get out to your local farm market and stock up, because before you know it, they will be gone.
- Lamb kofta with babaganoush or eggplant puree and a tomato, corn and green bean salad dressed in a harissa vinaigrette
- Pizza with homemade heirloom tomato sauce, blistered shishito peppers, capicola, smoked provolone
- Gnocchi with tomato, shiitake, corn, and bacon in a truffle butter sauce
- Paella with smokey tomato sofrito, pattypan squash, toasted almonds and shrimp
- Pastured beef tacos with fresh tomato chile salsa and pepper medley
- Tomato, pepper, cucumber and corn seafood soup
- Tomato and basil ricotta toast